Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Seeds for Swazi

I have been thinking about going to Africa for a while now. Actually God planted the seeds for this trip on the day I returned from the Dominican Republic. The DR was where God first broke my heart for missions, for the poor among us.


As we were waiting on our final flight home and saying goodbye to some really good friends, I knew then that I would serve with these people again. We were a team after all. Some really close friendships had formed. There is something about adversity that binds people together.

God was busy binding hearts as well. Africa was mentioned at that time and several expressed a desire to go. Now you would expect that kind of conversation on the heels of an action packed week of serving missions to God's precious ones. Some were on a "mission-trip" high and had experienced God in a most unique and deep way. But for me, the missions seeds go way deeper than that a mountain-top experience that lasts only seven days. I am motivated to spread the mission message and that is God at work in my life. He compels me to stay intent on serving on foreign soil.

When the opportunity to travel to Swaziland came up, I knew I didn't what to miss it. I don't want to miss one minute of serving. God had prepared the way in my heart to say yes.

4 comments:

Amen to that, I know the feeling... :) See you in Swazi Sis!

Couldn't have said it any better...God will never send us where He has never been before...may He already prepare the hearts before we get there!

Cant wait to see what kind of plans the Lord has in store for us! Whatever the are they will GREAT!!!

Looking forward to serving along side all you. Watch out Swazi!

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More