Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Merciful Footprints

It's about a week before we leave.  Wow...I remember when this time was months away.  I didn't realize that it would go by so fast.  All of a sudden I feel so unprepared.  This is really going to happen.  I have been traveling to distant lands for a while in my mind and prayers.


There's a verse in scripture that gives me reassurance this week.  


Isaiah 52:12 "But you will not leave in haste or go in flight; for the lord will go before you, the God of Israel will be your rear guard."  

I am praying for traveling mercies.  Not just safe flights to and fro but for mercy to be shown, mercy to be given.  I want to be a giver of His grace as I have received it.  I want to be a giver of smiles as He has given me joy.  I want to be the giver of His love.


I know though it's really not me who is doing the work.  I am just an instrument that God chooses to make His footprint there.  My small imprint will be with the host of others that going in name of Jesus.  I know that God has prepared this way...laced with His mercy and grace.  Just when you think your heart can't take any more...God is expands it a little further.


I appreciate all the support and prayers of those have come along side to support me in this incredible mission journey.  It's really just the beginning of a whole new story, a whole new work in my heart.  And as I go forward, I know that God's mercy and grace are making footprints too.    

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More