Thursday, September 1, 2011

Whispers

I was visiting with a good friend about our trip to Swaziland.  She's traveled there before.  She remarked it is a hard place.  She said that she has left a piece of her heart there.  I told her I felt like my heart was already there as God has been planting His seeds of love deep within. It's interesting how God will plant the seeds of His desires and they quickly become your own.  


One of the activities that we know we are going to do is love on kids.  That is one of the main reasons to go.  They need a lot of it.  But not just our love, they need to know that they are holy loved.  She told of previous trip of a time when she had some littles in her lap.  As she held them in her arms, she whispered "You are the one Jesus loves".  When she told me that a wonderful picture of Christ came to mind.  I could see it so clearly, her lap full of kids, hugging those who needed an extra measure of grace, whispering love in their ear.  Imagine it with me, in that moment..in the quiet and the still, I would guess you could hear God whisper love too...saying the same in our ear.


How could I not go...knowing I would miss His whisper??  I don't want to miss a moment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More