Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Broken Road

When preparing for a mission, if you seek God, He will prepare you for what is ahead.  Sometimes though I don't know that anything could really prepare me for what His real is.


I have been reading some blogs lately of missionaries on the ground in Swaziland.  There have been heart wrenching stories that have come out of that small country.  It makes me pause.  It makes me broken.


I pray for the broken lives there and for those who need mending.  I ask myself, "How can I make a difference in just a few days?"    


I believe what Ps. 147:3 says, "God heals the brokenhearted and bids up their wounds."

So I cling to the promise that He knows.  He sees.  He heals.  He mends.  He loves deeply.  In my own broken world, it's hard to imagine theirs.  I am glad I serve a God who cares about the "whys".  


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More