Thursday, July 28, 2011

Prayer Circles

When preparing for  a mission trip, I start praying the day I know that I am supposed to go. My list of prayers covers a variety of topics from safe travel, to providing enough funding, to bringing the right team together, to being used by God. There are so many details that need to be in place before one steps foot out the door.

The one of the biggest prayer circles I present before the Father is to accomplish His work in my heart. I don't want to wait until I get to the destination for Him get my heart ready. I am hungry to know what's on His heart concerning the days ahead.  

When asked, I knew immediately that God wanted me to go. As I was talking with another team member who had been struggling with the reasons for going, he again asked the question.. "Why should I be going?" I kept reassuring him of all the reasons to go, but it wasn't until God reminded him of a previous mission trip experience in the Dominican Republic, that actually helped him feel assured of the mission call. There was a tender moment a year ago when God opened his eyes to the distractions of his life at home, only to reveal the "rich" life of those he had traveled to serve. The American dream is quickly cast aside when it collides with wide-spread poverty, and buried with the disadvantaged.  That was life-changing for him, as it was for most of the team members.

God prepares you as you pray to prepare. 



He will always bring us   


to seeing their needs 


to His broken heart 


to loving them as His people.


It's there that we can see God's purpose in serving.   


Purpose.  Once we see His heart...how can we say no?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More