Monday, August 22, 2011

God Doesn't Really Need Me To Go

I had this thought this weekend....God doesn't really need me to go to Africa.....It's true.  


When I was first asked to go, I didn't hesitate to say yes.  I recognized the opportunity to go and see the work of Children's Cup in Swaziland.  I couldn't wait to see the kids they reach and teach.  I still can't.  I can't wait to hug them with love.  


But God doesn't really need me...to go.  It's not about feeling needed.  


It was in Sunday's message that I understood.  Yes, this is an opportunity but I also have a responsibility to go.  I can't pass that up.  I do missions, that is an area where God has called and planted His desires for His needs in my heart.  So it's like I can't NOT go.


I don't really bring any special skills to the team.  I can't fix the broken, I can't bring prosperity, I can't heal the sick, I can't.  But I can love, I can hug, I can serve them where needed, I can paint, I swing a hammer, I can sit and hold a precious heart in my lap.  Those things I CAN do.  


God does want my willing heart to be, to go, to give.  I believe that is His mission.  I can obey His call to go.  I can share my love of my Savior with them.  I can tell of how he has worked in my life with the broken things.  I can give them hope.  I can.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More