Monday, August 1, 2011

My Why!

So what does the picture of that bear have to do with my reasons for going to Swaziland?  Absolutely nothing....but it made you come over here and read my post now didn't it?  


My reasons for going are numerous but really nothing says it better than the chorus of the song by Josh Wilson "I Refuse" ...


Check this out...




I refuse.
'Cause I don't want to live like I don't care.
I don't want to say another empty prayer.
I refuse to
Sit around and wait for someone else
To do what God has called me to do myself.
I could choose
Not to move but I refuse.


I can hear the least of these
Crying out so desperately,
And I know we are the hands and feet
Of you, oh God.
So, if you say move,
Then it's time for me to follow through,
And do what I was made to do.
Show them who you are.


I refuse to just stand by and not help those who need it.  I refuse to not hear the weary and the lost.  I refuse to not invest in people who need to see you more clearly.  It's time to get radical.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More