Saturday, June 18, 2011

Call of the Wild

There are a lot of wild things in Africa.  And when I think about traveling there I think about how my "wild" soul will fit in.  I don't know that it will.  God is taming the wild beast that rears up within me.  One of the ways is through my quiet times.  I think about how a person, a Christian and a follower of Christ must have to operate  without a group of believers, that accountability surrounding them.  That's one of the qualities that I pray for the missionaries there...that they would be surrounded by God somehow....through accountability, through his Word.

I understand to be a missionary you have to be a "self-feeder".  That means...that if it were just me and God, I would have to depend on just HIM to satisfy this wild beast that lies within me.  It is to this journey that I am dedicating myself too.  It could be lonely and it will get painful but I am excited to see the benefit that His Spirit will produce in my soul.  I press forward towards the goal of alone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More