Sunday, June 5, 2011

Why Go?

People ask me why I want to go to Swaziland. I have one answer.


I want to go to love on the kids. Plain and simple. I have no personal agendas, no personal goals. Just to love them.

You say, that's a long way to go to love on kids. Yes, it is. They need to know too.

You say, there are missionaries there already. Can't they just do it? Yes they love. We bring love for the missionaries on the ground too.

You say, what difference can you make in a week? That's for God to know, not me. All I can do is be obedient to His call to go. I can't control the circumstances, I can't control the results. But God knows what difference my going will make. Why not be a part of His work there?

You say, that's a crazy way to use your vacation time. I say...yes, it's weird, but what better way to be a part of something holy in communicating God's love for the forgotten.

Why I go? For all of these reasons and more.....

God has worked in MY life to remind me of His love for me, I HAVE to share. He has called me to share that. I can't NOT go. It is what He has called me to do.

God not only prepares the way for me to go physically, but He also prepares the way for me to go emotionally...and spiritually. There are a lot of holy moments that change me to be ready. A lot of God-encounters that bring awareness to see the broken, the forgotten, the hurt, the sick.

Leeland has a song "Follow You" that encapsulates my emotions about going:

You live among the least of these
The weary and the weak
And it would be a tragedy
For me to turn away
All my needs You have supplied
When I was dead You gave me life
So how could I not give it away so freely?

And I'll...
Follow You into the homes of the broken
Follow You into the world
Meet the needs for the poor and the needy God
Follow You into the world

Use my hands use my feet
To make Your kingdom come
To the corners of the earth
Until Your work is done
Faith without works is dead
On the cross Your blood was shed
So how could we not give it away so freely?

And I give all myself
I give all myself
I give all myself to You

This is why I want to go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More